Monday, September 26, 2011

A "niche radio" service: "Blog Talk Radio"

In seminar 3 last week, there brought up a "Youpod" idea regarding to topic "niche radio". And here I find a service that is quite similar with that: "Blog Talk Radio".

Here is the link: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/

Users could upload their voice into their account which makes the content could be very "niche". In addition, there are quite a few live online radio shows that enable users to interact with the speakers lively.

In the seminar, Youtube is taken as a primary reference when imagining how the niche radio service should be like. It could be great. However, this "Blog Talk Radio" gives me the feeling of "TEDs" since very clear content categories are listed there.

And I personally think Internet will be the best platform for niche radio at least in the near future.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recommendation, I had a look at the page and, among other things found an interesting interview with and Salman Rushdie.

    I was in the group that presented the Youpod idea, and I think this service has the same main idea, which is to gather good podcasts on one place. However, we had a bit more functionality in mind. Even if there were categories on Blog Talk Radio, I still think it was quite hard to find good niche content. Either you chose a category, but then you might fall on some really bad content. I started listening too a clip that had so bad sound quality I could hardly hear what they were talking about. The other alternative is to go for the top-stories, but then you won't find any really specialized content. A really good service would combine these two methods for finding content, and also allow you to create a profile were you could save your favorites and connect to friends.

    /Malin J

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m going to read this. I’ll be sure to come back. thanks for sharing. and also This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. this is very nice one and gives indepth information. thanks for this nice article... cleaning service Sharjah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your post. It is good to see you verbalize from the heart and clarity on this important subject can be easily observed... cleaning service Abu Dhabi

    ReplyDelete