Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Ideas about the future of radio


I think it is very much fun to fantasize how things will be in the future as the future of radio. It is also difficult, especially if you try to connect the ideas on the reality, make them possible and not so far-fetched (lets say 20 years).

When I was surfing on the net for interesting things about radio and about radio's future I found a website where Jim Kerr, vice president of strategy for Triton Digital Media, wrote about five trends, that he could detect, for radio in the future. I found the trends interesting and probably not so far-fetched. I think they could describe the near future of radio rather than in 20 years.

You can read the article here.

1 comment:

  1. #2 (and probably some of the other trends about pinpointing and finding out demographics) was contradicted by Redican & Barber, I think they said fuzzy brand "awareness" we a value of radio/broadcasting, didn't they?

    ReplyDelete